SHINGLES VACCINE AVAILABLE
Shingles (herpes zoster) is a painful rash caused by reactivation of the same virus that causes chickenpox and 1 in 3 people will get shingles in their lifetime.
Shingles doesn’t care...
but we do.
Walk-In anytime to receive your shingles vaccine!
FREE OF CHARGE WITH MEDICARE PART D
Recommended for anyone over the age of 50
SHINGRIX is a vaccine given as a 2-dose series. In clinical trials it was proven to be over 90% effective in preventing shingles in adults 50 years and older.
SHINGRIX is an FDA-approved vaccine for the prevention of shingles (herpes zoster) in adults 50 years and older.
SHINGRIX is a 2-dose vaccine series (0.5 mL each) administered as an injection into the muscle in the upper arm. It is important to complete the 2-dose series to help prevent shingles.
SHINGRIX is not used to prevent chickenpox.
Pain, redness, and swelling at the injection site, muscle pain, tiredness, headache, shivering, fever, and upset stomach are all common side effects of SHINGRIX.
You should not get SHINGRIX if you are allergic to any of its ingredients or have had an allergic reaction to a previous dose of SHINGRIX.
Severe allergic reactions are less common and include:
- Swelling of the face/throat
- Difficulty breathing
- A fast heartbeat
If you experience any of these reactions, seek medical attention immediately.
- You should not receive SHINGRIX if you are allergic to any of its ingredients or had an allergic reaction to a previous dose of SHINGRIX
- An increased risk of Guillain-Barré syndrome (severe muscle weakness) was observed after vaccination with SHINGRIX
- Fainting can happen after getting injectable vaccines, including SHINGRIX. Precautions should be taken to avoid falling and injury due to fainting
- The most common side effects are pain, redness, and swelling at the injection site, muscle pain, tiredness, headache, shivering, fever, and upset stomach
- SHINGRIX was not studied in pregnant or nursing women. Tell your healthcare provider if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding
- Vaccination with SHINGRIX may not protect all individuals
- Ask your healthcare provider about the risks and benefits of SHINGRIX. Only a healthcare provider can decide if SHINGRIX is right for you
For medical emergencies, please call 911 immediately.
Shingrix® website. Website: https://www.shingrix.com/